Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cotton + Steel Border Print Butterick 5882



     
 Omg. I hate computers. I have been sewing up a storm, but MIA because of my dumb laptop. I can't get the pictures off the camera into the computer. Computers are so much harder to control than fabric. I finally borrowed/stole my Mom's netbook so I can show you my new favorite dress!

Our two year anniversary was coming up so I wanted to make a special dress, just like last year I made my Rick Rack dress. I loved this Cotton + Steel cotton lawn border print since it first came out but I have been trying to think of something cute to make with it. The pink border is rather skinny, so it finally occurred to me to make a shelf bust dress with it. I loved Gertie's gathered bust version of Butterick 5882. So i decided try and make my own.

The shelf bust goes above the apex, and then I made the gathered piece so I have some coverage. I followed the fba tutorial from Gertie's blog, and then made a gathered piece to sew across the top. Even though the bodice is a little bit different than what I usually wear, but it's more flattering than I thought it would be.




We even went back to where we took our wedding pictures for the second time, but this time we had our new puppy,Rockford, in the picture! If you follow me on Instagram (erikamadeit) you know I am obsessed with this little guy. 

Pin It Now!

21 comments:

  1. une bien jolie robe dans un magnifique tissu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing on you. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jackie aka doggiegrandmaSeptember 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM

    Awww what a lovely family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love how you used the border. Happy anniversary, a bit late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! This is a wonderful dress, and I'm happy to see some of this border print made up out there. Very cute family photo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. 3d printing reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. For instance, you can have a metal fridge with wooden cupboards beneath it giving your kitchen a particular, current look. chain link fencing Langley

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog has a to a great degree limit center that augments, shockingly into extensive variety of concerns.
    www.canvasprints.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I;d love to spend a hit summer day wearing your panties and that pretty dress

    ReplyDelete