Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scrappy Spools



It's craft time! I have been saving up my scraps from each of the sewing and knitting projects I made in the last few months. I was inspired by this Modcloth garland, I received for Christmas. It's a simple garland made from wooden spools, wooden bead and twine. The spools are available on eBay, among other places in bulk quantities. I got out my glue gun, and dabbed some glue on the spool and then wrapped the fabric around a few times, and secured it with another dab of glue. Super easy.


This is a great way to use your scraps and to keep track of the things you have made all year. Then every year when the Christmas decorations come out, you can remember the things that you have made. So every few projects, I will get out my glue gun and add to my finished spool collection and when Christmas comes around I should have a really cute, and pretty long garland! Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment